Saturday 3 January 2015

Making Progress

I was planning on starting my healthy eating on Monday, but I started yesterday.

I won't tell you what I eat everyday, but today I had Special K with semi-skimmed milk for breakfast, tuna and light mayonnaise pasta for lunch and two chicken drumsticks with rice for tea.

Snack wise I had some dried strawberries and a yoghurt. If you have any tips for me and eating healthily I'd love to hear them!

Moving forwards and I will be adding more fruit and vegetables to my diet.

Spin Class

I'm all ready for my first spin class on Monday! I'm both excited and nervous!

If you're following me on Twitter (@mummysretreat1) you may have already seen this photo.


My husband bought me a pair of Adidas Galaxy EliIte trainers, Nike Dri Fit Leggings and a gym bag for my birthday as well as some other presents.

I just need to buy a good sports bra and top for the gym too.

Starting Weight

My starting weight is 10st12. Eek!

My target weight is 9st7. 

Here I am.


Bleurgh!

I can't believe I've just put that picture on here!

Hopefully though in a few months time it will be good to look back on to measure my progress.

I'd like to lose weight, tone my tummy and arms too. I'd also like to tone my legs up a bit too. 

The Plan

Initially my first goal is weight loss. This will then be followed with toning up.

I'm going to try a range of different classes from spin, kettle bell, circuits and more to legs, bums and tums!

My final aim is to start running too! I'd like to run 5k without feeling like I'm on my last legs!

One book a month goal



I've started reading my book for this month which is 'The Hundred Year Old Man Who Climbed Out Of The Windoe And Disappeared'.

I'm really enjoying it so far! 

It's about a man called Allen who lives in an old peoples home.

He's sat in his room waiting to be collected for his one hundredth birthday party.

Allen has other plans though and as the title suggests he climbs out of the window and makes his escape!

I'm on chapter four now and I've really not been able to put this book down!

So far Allen has turned out to be quite a mischievous man! Aside from escaping from the old peoples home, he's also stolen someone's suitcase and hopped on a bus to a place he's never been before with no idea where he'll be spending the night!

I'm intrigued as to what's inside the suitcase and I don't think it'll be long before I find out! 

Diary Writing



In a recent post on my other blog I explained that I would be starting a diary this year so that I can write in it every day about our family life. 

I chose a diary I liked (from Paperchase) and my sister bought it for me for our birthday. 

The idea is that should anything happen to me (touch wood) my girls will have something to look back on when they're older and not just photos. Although I do have a lot of photos!

So that's my progress for now!

I have also seen that my local NCT group is holding baby and child first courses in my area in March so I'll be signing up for that too. 

13 comments:

  1. WOW! Looks like you are ready to go! Good luck with attending your first class. I felt so nervous when starting my new gym but it has been the most amazing thing ever! For healthy eating I love 'Clean & Lean', it's a good read, quite hardcore but it's up to you how strict you are! Snack wise I love nuts...although I should eat them more than other naughty treats! Hehe! Good luck! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for your comment! I'm feeling motivated and ready to go! I'll take a look at that book, thank you. I'm allergic to nuts so won't be snacking those anytime soon! xx

      Delete
  2. Looks like you're all set, yay! Best of luck, I look forward to seeing your updates and thanks a lot for linking up with #BloggingToJogging xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the diary idea!! Seems like you've set some brilliant targets and have started the year off in a very positive way, look forward to seeing more updates #bloggingtojogging

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm hoping 2015 will be a very positive, happy year! So far so good! x

      Delete
  4. Your starting weight is the same as my goal weight, if that makes you feel any better ;-) ?

    Hope you get into spinning. My cousin used to go a lot and the way she described it confirmed that I will never be a spinner! But it really does get results.

    x

    #bloggingtojogging

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hun. Spin was hard, but I enjoyed and I'm going again next week x

      Delete
  5. Good luck on your weight loss journey. Spin is a good place to start, I used to do it a lot, pre-children, and really helps fitness #bloggingtojogging

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck, we are all here to support you every step of the way! I am happy to share the diet & nutrition advice I am following from my P6P group if you'd like to see it? I can email it to you, just let me know #BloggingToJogging

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the idea of going back to basics and writing a diary! So much happened to me last year that it would have been wise to document as much as possible... in a good way! Good luck with your weight loss journey - we are all on one at the moment and Weight Loss Wednesday on Sim's Life showcases others on a weight loss journey too. I find Weight Watchers works for me but my best tip is drink lots of water - no carbonated drinks, you would be surprised at how much they bloat you! Good luck and look forward to catching up with your progress! Sim @ simslife.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete